Hello list;
We are mystified by this, so I'd like to see if anyone else has had a similar
observation.
We have 2 active zOS113 lpars on our DR machine. DB2 V9R1m0 is only running on
one lpar.
We were trying to update DB2 ERLY code by inserting a dataset into a new
linklist and activating it.
(We now know this is not a good idea, so that advise is not needed)
The funny thing is, we get different results from "-DB2T REFRESH,EARLY" when
the cmd is
ROUTED from a second lpar, where no DB2 is running. Only the DB2 lpar is using
a dynamically
updated linklst.

Command issued from lpar SYSP and the (abbreviated) output:
ROUTE SYSD,-DB2T REFRESH DB2,EARLY
DSN3100I -DB2T DSN3UR00 - SUBSYSTEM DB2T READY FOR START COMMAND
DSN3117I DB2T MAINTENANCE LEVELS    154
  CSECT     DATE      APAR        CSECT     DATE      APAR
  DSN3UR00  09/15/06  UK18085     DSN3RDMP  02/02/07  UK21823
.
.
Command issued locally on SYSD and (abbreviated) output:
-DB2T REFRESH DB2,EARLY
DSN3100I -DB2T DSN3UR00 - SUBSYSTEM DB2T READY FOR START COMMAND
DSN3117I DB2T MAINTENANCE LEVELS    466
  CSECT     DATE      APAR        CSECT     DATE      APAR
  DSN3UR00  05/28/08  UK36866     DSN3CL0X  12/10/07  UK32117
.
.
Both these results appear in the SYSD SYSLOG.

Huh? Does the route cmd use a different linklst? Or are we getting the dredded
'unpredictable results' because DB2 ERLY code doesn't support activating a new
linklist? (even though it worked, as seen in the local output above)

Anybody have any theories for this behavior? Or am I missing something obvious
and asking an embarassingly stupid question?  (Uh... It just dawned on me that
maybe there is a DB2 list, but since I've never used it, I'm posting here.)

TIA,

-Jim