On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:57:31 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>It is very late in the day to introduce a new PDS as opposed to PDSE
>library of this sort.

It can be environmentally dictated.  In our lab we have more systems
at more releases (some unsupported, but you know how customers
are) than parallel sysplex supports.  And the sharing incapabilities of
PDSE outside sysplex are dreadful.  We have a lot of PDS, some very
new.

>Moreover, while PDSE members must have at most eight-character
>principal names they may have long aliases.

Strange rule; I wonder why.  Might it reflect a restriction of command
syntax of utilities, such as IEBCOPY?  ISPF?  Hmmm...

    //STEP  EXEC  PGM='Long-PDSE-alias-name',...

Never mind.

-- gil