On 3.4, remove the "/" from   __ Prefix Dsname Level

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of mf db
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Deleting Alias

Hello,

I was able to delete a alias from a usercatalog with a below parms :

DEL ENTRYNAME ALIAS CAT(USERCAT)

Defining alias to a Non Vsam :
DEF ALIAS (NAME(XX.XXXX.XXXX)-
RELATE('XXXXX.YYYY.ZZZ.LLLL'))

But when I tried checking the alias with ISPF 3.4 option I couldn't see the
entry being visible.

When I do listcat against the dataset XXXX.YYYY.ZZZ.LLLL but I could see the
alias relation for XXX.XXXX.XXXX. Not sure why the alias entry is not visible.

I tried even deleting and defining back but no luck. I do get a message as
duplicate dataset name when I try defining it again.

IDC3013I DUPLICATE DATA SET NAME

Z/OS : 1.13

Could some please shed some light on the above.

/Peter