On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:25:42 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>...  What, for example, does 'track
>oriented' mean when the underlying architecture is FBA?  When the
>underlying architecture is random-access storage?

What effect does the allocation BLKSIZE have on a PDSE Program Object
library?  I'd be little surprised if the answer is, "None whatever."

I know that for a non-Program-Object PDSE the allocation BLKSIZE is
merged into the DCB by open, but I believe it has no other effect.
The programmer might have overridden to a larger or smaller value
and yet read the members with no problems.

--gil