Thanks for that heads up about THREAD option. I have an example COBOL
program which is using the library already. But I am not trying to
multithread. I will put some information in my README  should anybody be
silly enough to want to do multithreading in COBOL.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Tom Ross <tmr...@stlvm20.vnet.ibm.com>wrote:

> >I have compiled some C code from the Internet (sqlite) which uses UNIX
> >mutex functions for multithreading. I know that COBOL doesn't really
> >support multithreading, but this is a generic library which does.
>
> COBOL does really suppport multithreading, but you need to use the
> THREAD compiler option to get that support.
>
> Cheers,
> TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<

As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown