From: Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Date: 08/27/2013 8:30 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Questions about ESTAE(X)

Hey Ed, thanks for the quick answer.

Unfortunately NI SDWAERRD,X'FF'-SDWACLUP did not seem to make any
difference.

Perhaps I am wrong in my whole model of what is going on. I can't see the
higher ESTAE(X)(s) if any; I am just inferring their existence and
parameters. If I don't do any of this, if I don't issue any ESTAE(X), then
*something* gets control on "normal" ABENDs but apparently not on operator
cancels. (The code is LE with TRAP(ON,SPIE). LE is documented as not
processing Sx22 ABENDs.)

Incidentally, setting a retry point and issuing a new ABEND there did not
work either, contrary to my hopes.

BTW, the issue is not Sx22 abend codes per se. If I issue ABEND
X'122',,,SYSTEM (from my code, but outside of ESTAE(X) recovery) then LE
condition handling intercepts it.

Charles