On 09/04/2013 03:03 PM, Tom Marchant wrote:
On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 19:30:28 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

upgrade to JES2.
I have worked in a shop that had both JES2 and JES3 and I appreciated
some of the things that I could do easily on JES3 that were difficult or
impossible on JES2.  For example, Dependent Job Control (DJC) networks.
There were some who wanted to convert to JES2, but the shop was to
dependent on JES3 facilities.

Once upon a time there was a product "Chained Jobs Scheduling" from IBM,
a small subsystem interfaces through SMF exits that provided DJC.

It had a little control dataset whose layout, i.e how many records by track,
was calculated "by hand"; during a conversion from 3380 to 3390 disks
I had a few minutes to fix that, fortunately full source (which I still have)
but unfortunately copyrighted.

Still a nice piece of code.

Peter Sylvester