This might not be the right forum for this question, but...

Doing some very limited in initial research I've found three documented methods of performing Dynamic Allocation in COBOL ( Enterprise COBOL 4.2), BPXWDYN, CEEENV or setenv.

Q1) Are there any others?We already use a home grown assembler program for dynamic allocation, but our direction is to move as much to the OS as possible.
Q2) Is there any reason to pick one over the others?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe...
The loud ones only take the credit.

Londo Mollari - Babylon 5