It depends.

A Group level move will just move the data, ignoring the differences in field
sizes.
Move Corresponding, I believe will generate individual move instructions for
each "pair" of fields.
Move FIELDA to FIELDB with COMP-3 field descriptions will work just fine.
Move FIELDA to FIELDB with X(nn) field descriptions *WILL NOT* provide the
desired results.

HTH,

<snip>
We have a job in which the input file that is comming has one on the field
(Location Number) is defined as X(4). This file is comming from a different
system.

Now here in our programs we are modifying the this field to 5 bytes from the
orginal 4 bytes. We are putting transformation step previous to this step and
expanding to 5 bytes .  We will be removing this process once the other system
sends the file with a 5 bye customer number.

So now the issue is in some files the data is stored as s9(04) comp-3 here we
are planning to make as s9(05) comp-3.  Do we need to apply transformations
here ? both the data defintions occupy 3 bytes

Is there any chance of data getting corrupted ? if data transformations to be
applied then how this can be done ? assume that the loaction number starts in
the file from 10'th position .

</snip>