On 9 Sep 2013 17:21:22 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<p8ps29dehr76q9k41pgud8dot2kjf3v...@4ax.com>) cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca (Clark Morris) wrote:

On 9 Sep 2013 07:41:42 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

I once enquired into the question

 <snip>

Sysprogs, even disgruntled ones, have not usually been problematic in mainframe shops; and it is well that this is the case. Anyone who
makes much use of locks needs locksmiths too.

This brings up the very interesting question of whether a senior mainframe systems programmer would be able to take as much information from his/her installation as Edward Snowden seemingly has from the NSA. If so, is it in the nature of the job or was someone lax within
the NSA organization?

If you have write access to an APF library, you can read from and write to any dataset. If people were suspicious of you, your accesses could be found out after the fact. If you're very good or very sneaky, even post-access auditing won't find out what you've done.

No, I won't explain how. I'll leave it as an exercise for the student, who will likely get caught, fired, and maybe indicted.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com