I was looking a the PDFs for z/OS 2.1 and saw:
SA23-2247-00 OSA-ICC 3215
Support2.33<http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ioa2sp00.pdf>
And, being the retro idiot that I am, thought it might be interesting. I
know that OSA-ICC can basically present a local non-SNA 3270 controller to
z/OS for use by consoles, et al. I think of it as a built-in TN3270 server.
Apparently this 3215 mode is something new (to me) that came in around the
1.13 time frame. Does anybody else find this fascinating to think about?
Why? Because I can envision having this as a NIP console and run an IPL via
a telnet line mode session. Which would make automating IPL and even
message automation an "out board" function. Of course, this being an RPQ,
likely means that it is expensive. And since we have a z9BC, which is
"functionally stabilized" and basically unsupported, it means that this is
something else that I'll never see hide nor hair of. <whine/>

Oh, well, back to my cave (in).

--
As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown