Charles Mills wrote:

>>*Most* time fields are built by the individual record cutting product. If a
>>product wants to record time as Latvian Summer Time expressed in Roman
>>numerals in its SMF records it is free to do so. Thus one cannot say "SMF
>>time fields are thus and such" (unfortunately).

Indeed true for record types 128 - 255. You fill in your own headers yourself
when working with SMFWTM or SMFEWTM.

Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>I'm shocked and dismayed.  You mean that SMF (whatever that is) doesn't prefix
>a standard header to the information supplied by the "record cutting product"!?

SMFWTM or SMFEWTM will fill in (partially) for you for 0 - 127, but still you
can write in whatever you want with IEFU83 if you want.

You are free to be shocked+dismayed. Join the already shocked auditors for
free... ;-D

My auditors once b*tched in my tired ears about this. Too bad.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht