 From: Rob Schramm <rob.schr...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 10:31 AM
Subject: Rexx question

All,

I was doing some rexx work in batch on z/OS... attempting to use

"EXECIO * DISKR INPUTDD (Finis Stem in."
"FREE F(INPUTDD)"

Where the INPUTDD was

//INPUTDD DD DSN=SOME.PDS(MEMBER)

and the results were very strange (multiple lines concatenated, seemed to
be picking up a prior member in the PDS, corrupted data).  I ended up
copying the PDS member to a sequential file and the problems went away.

I have never had a problem reading a PDS member as a sequential file..
until this occurred.  Is there some caveat to reading a PDS member as a
sequential file?   Is the exception documented?

I have been to the manuals, google, various articles on REXX, tutorials
etc.. and not found anything to match (even loosely) what was happening.

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Consultant