David Crayford opines:
>I can't see OpenStack ever taking off on the mainframe. It's open source
>software written in the Python programming language. Who on earth is
>going to risk their job using something like that?

Linux is extremely highly successful open source software, and so is the
Apache HTTP Server (which IBM offers in commercially supported form as the
IBM HTTP Server for z/OS, as an example). Everybody who has WebSphere
Application Server, including WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, also
has IBM's commercially supported implementation of Jython (Python for Java)
which is geared toward scripting administrative tasks (deployments,
configurations, etc.) Which...sounds a lot like what OpenStack does.

Lots of people "risk their job(s) using something like that," every day,
already, right now. What's the problem?

Timothy Sipples
GMU VCT Architect Executive (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com