"My word you really do spit the dummy old chap" has made my day.

It is a delightful example of a perhaps not quite current Australian
idiom---'spit the dummy' for 'have a[n infantile] tantrum'---embedded
in a mock British-English dialect reminiscent of the language of
Colonel Blimp in Sir David Low's eponymous, circa-1934 cartoons.

Still, the combination is original.  Low, a New Zealander, would have
known but would never have used 'spit the dummy'.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA