From: Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Catching CICS Transaction ABENDs?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:47:47 -0700

I have been asked this question and I don't know enough about CICS to even
be dangerous.

What sort of facility might one use to write a program to be notified in
real time of CICS transaction ABENDs? For example, can CICS be configured to
write an SMF record (that one could intercept in IEFU8x) in the event of a
transaction ABEND? Or does it drive some CICS-specific exit? Or . ?

Thanks,
Charles