On 25/10/2013 11:13 PM, Rob Schramm wrote:
Not sure how to respond..  on the one hand you have an excellent point.
One the other hand..  Google jdbc and mongodb.. as well as there being a
jdbc link on the mongodb page in addition to the mongodb java connectors.

Doesn't really change my intent ... Grab the mongodb java database driver..
  (how does jmdbc driver sound???) and couple it with the cobol application
code.

I understood your original intent Rob. I was just sounding off about JDBC drivers for non-relational data bases.

I've never quite grasped why there are so many SQL adapters for non-relational data bases. Even IMS has a Java SQL interface with ODBC and I just don't get it. Is SQL really that much better then native APIs? In the case of your typical key/value data store surely get/set is easier than SELECT FROM WHERE/UPDATE SET IN etc.

Rob