On 29 Nov 2013 08:47:35 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<0895521555071176.wa.paulgboulderaim....@listserv.ua.edu>) paulgboul...@aim.com (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:

(But it would be useful to be able to read a file into a compound variable with a single instruction rather than coding a loop.
Hmmm... I wonder how this works if infile is a terminal?)

For anyone just joining, this was about Regina REXX on a PC.

To do a single read of a file into a compound variable:

 <code>
call rxfuncadd 'sysloadfuncs','RexxUtil','sysloadfuncs'
call sysloadfuncs
call RegStemRead file, inline.
 </code>

The 1st two lines are needed only once per execution, not once per file read.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com