From:   Kurt Quackenbush <ku...@us.ibm.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   12/02/2013 10:12 AM
Subject:        Re: Missing Fix Report Question
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Here's my theory:  You said you "pulled down 1yr of hold data".  Only
the 2 year HOLDDATA file contains Fix Category HOLDs, therefore, the
first report you ran didn't use the latest Fix Category HOLDs.  You then
"pulled down and applied" the missing PTFs and reran the report, being
surprised to find new missing PTFs.  How did you obtain the PTFs?  Most
likely the 2 year HOLDDATA file was delivered with those PTFs, which
contains Fix Category HOLDs.  When you reran the report, you were
finally using the latest and greatest HOLDs, hence the additional
entries in the report.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development