t...@harminc.net (Tony Harminc) writes:
> I know nothing about FAA custom hardware, but the 65MP had no RPQ
> instructions related to multiprocessing. It used the standard (though
> optional) Read Direct and Write Direct instructions, with the direct
> interface on each CPU plugged into the matching one on the other.
>
> The 370/165 and 168 also had RDD/WRD as standard. I spent some idle
> time poking around late one night trying to find the connectors, and
> eventually got the CE to find them in the book. They turned out to be
> in back of the console unit (3066). The same hermaphroditic connector
> used for B&T channels, though with different pinouts, of course, is
> used for the Direct I/O feature.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2013o.html#56 Early !BM multiprocessors (renamed
from Curiosity: TCB mapping macro name - why IKJTCB?)

370 princ-of-ops, SIGP instruction for processor signaling ... pg97-101
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/ibm/370/princOps/GA22-7000-4_370_Principles_Of_Operation_Sep75.pdf

CPU Signaling and Response

The CPU-signaling-and-response facility provides for communication among
CPUs by means of the SIGNAL PROCESSOR instruction. It provides for
transmitting and receiving the signal, decoding a set of assigned order
codes, performing the specified operation, and responding to the
signaling CPU.

If a CPU has the CPU-signaling-and-recsponse facility installed, it can
address the SIGNAL PROCESSOR instruction to itself. All orders are
executed as defined.

code  order
----  ------------
00    Invalid and Unassigned
01    Sense
02    External Call
03    Emergency Signal
04    Start
05    Stop
06    Restart
07    Initial Program Reset
08    Program Reset
09    Stop and Store Status
0A    Initial Microprogram Load
0B    Initial CPU Reset
0C    CPU Reset
00-FF Invalid and Unassigned

360/65 functional characteristics multiprocessor pg32-34
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/ibm/360/funcChar/A22-6884-3_360-65_funcChar.pdf

multiprocessor write direct modified for: System Reset, External Start,
Log I/O Interruprs, System call ....