In <07dd01cf055e$eb92e0d0$c2b8a270$@mcn.org>, on 12/30/2013
   at 07:59 AM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> said:

>It's really a separate topic, but I think there is little doubt
>that it makes sense to edit code of any sort in some fast
>character-at-a-time interactive environment even if the target
>compile and/or execution environment is z/OS.

You can't do only one thing, and the Devil is in the details. There is
little doubt that it makes sense to edit code of any sort in some fast
character-at-a-time interactive environment that offers the same
convenience, functionality and speed as the available alternatives.
There is also little doubt that it makes sense to use a block mode
editor that offers more convenience, functionality and speed than a
GUI alternative.