On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 15:04:47 -0500, Mark Jacobs wrote:

>There's an IEFUJV exit available on www.cbttape.org (sorry, I don't
>remember the file number), that performs symbolic substitution in batch
>jobs, including mathematical operations on date fields. An example is;
>
>// SET LASTWEEK=&ZJDATE-7.
>This Will Give You The Julian Date For One Week Ago From Today.

Will it convert to FYYMMDD?

Does it handle year boundaries correctly, or is ZJDATE simply treated
as a 5-digit integer?

>I use these symbolic substitutions in many of my batch jobs.

Suggested here a while back was EZACFSM1:

    https://listserv.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1304&L=ibm-main&P=602076

... seems to belong to TCP/IP.  Will also perform substitution in instream
data sets (text is text).  IIRC a while back it wouldn't substitute beyond
column72; it seems to be better now.  No arithmetic capability that I
know of.

I believe Rexx will do arithmetic and format conversions on dates.

-- gil