From:   Mark Jacobs <mark.jac...@custserv.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   01/15/2014 09:49 AM
Subject:        Re: z10 EC vs BC -- Specialty Engines
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

On 01/15/14 12:39, Bob Shannon wrote:
> The EC PUs are faster than the BC PUs, so the EC specialty engines are
faster than BC specialty engines. Just look at a CPU chart, e.g., Cheryl
Watson's, and compare the fastest EC and BC uniprocessors.

> Bob Shannon
> Rocket Software

Thanks. One more question. Does anyone have a gut feel, or can point me
to some documentation about performance effects, or things to do/not do
while running a parallel sysplex with one CF on a z196 and the other on
a z10 BC?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe...
The loud ones only take the credit.

Londo Mollari - Babylon 5