Lizette, I entered the command TRACE ON,ID=IODF,REPAIR on the HCD command line.
I then reran the build and the severe message did NOT come back so I guess the
issue is resolved? Can you explain? tks Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Build Production I/O Definition File - Error

Matt,

In the z/OS V1R12.0 Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) User's Guide
manual, I found the following
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r
12.cbdu100%2Fdiodfdu.htm

Use the ID=IODF parameter of the TRACE command to produce an IODF dump. This
command goes through your IODF, checks it for corrupted data, and writes all
records and defects into the trace data set. If you have a consistent IODF,
you must set the LEVEL parameter to LEVEL=128 or higher to get an output.
Otherwise, an output is only shown if the IODF contains defects.

If your IODF has defects, error message CBDA999I 'Defect(s) detected in IODF
xxx' is displayed, and message CBDA099I is written into the message log data
set. In addition, the trace data set records defects with the string
'Error:' followed by the reason. You can locate the reported defects by
searching to that string in the trace data set.

If no defects are detected in the IODF, message CBDA126I 'TRACE command was
accepted' is given.

If you cannot invoke HCD, and therefore, cannot use the TRACE command any
longer, use a JCL stream for producing a dump. Figure 201 is an example of
the JCL stream for producing an IODF dump.

Make changes to the entries according to your installation requirements.
Figure 201. Example: JCL stream for producing an IODF dump

//WAS$IODF JOB '3259,BOX01,S=C','SMITH',MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
//             NOTIFY=WAS,CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=Q,REGION=4096K
//PRTVSAM  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//INPUT    DD  DSNAME=WAS.IODF02.WORK,DISP=SHR
//OUTPUT   DD  DSNAME=WAS.IODF02.DUMP,UNIT=SYSALLDA,
//             SPACE=(CYL,(20,10)),
//             DCB=(LRECL=125,BLKSIZE=629,RECFM=VBA),
//             DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD  *
     PRINT -