On 1/25/2014 1:37 AM, Brian Westerman wrote:
If you send me your Email address, I'll send you the modules and the directions
for installing the old XMITMGR under Windows 8 and 8.1

Brian

Well, I've been trying to get UNXMIT working under Win 8.1 and it never
is successful in starting up. I get this message:

  A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK)
  must be available to run Unxmit. No java virtual machine was
  found after searching the following locations:
  C:\Program Files\unxmit\jre\bin\javaw.exe
  javaw.exe in your current PATH

But I've just installed the latest Java. But Unxmit can't find it.
Indeed, it is not installed where the message says it is not installed.

Why would I install Java under the Unxmit directory? If I peek at the
various config.ini files in the Unxmit directory tree there are all
kinds of references to Eclipse. Does Eclipse need to be installed in
order to run Unxmit?

-Steve