1) Free the volume from HSM ML1 use (temp). HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(xxxxxx)
days(0). I believe there are other commands that may also work.
2) reinit the volume with VTOC(000,1,1499) INDEX(100,0,105)   (increase the
size of the index from 74 to 105).

ISTR a page in the ICKDSF manual(?) that describes the MAX VTOC/MAX INDEX if
*EVERY* dataset on the volume were 1 track and the volume were 100% utilized.

AFAIK, there is no other way to "re-org" or "re-index" the volume.

Are you sure it is the VTOCIX that is filling? It could be that the SDSP
dataset is full.

HTH,
<snip>
We have a system that has Mobius creating a large number of small datasets,
unfortunately named HLQ.pgmname.ddname.R#.Dyymmdd.Thhmmss.

They migrate to ML1 volumes with SDSP.  We defined the VTOC as 1500 tracks
(plenty of free space) and 74 tracks VTOCIX (down to 3 and can't write anymore).

I think the ICKDSF BUILDOS / BUILDIX process will re-init the index to allow
migrates.

Is there any other way to reorg the VTOCIX to get the space back?
Its not VSAM so CA-Reclaim does not work on it.
</snip>