#1. Yes, "/*" is the default "End-of-Data" for both "DD *" and "DD DATA", but
with "DD DATA" you can include records that begin with "//" and that is why
most people will code the "DLM=" to explicitly change the "End-of-Data".
#2. Is "DD DATA" a functional equivalent to "DD *"?  I guess we could give that
both a "Yes" and a "No", because both are instream data sources, but since "DD
DATA" would also read in JCL statements, the interpreter will treat them as two
different sources.

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
Information Technology