From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
David Speake [david.spe...@bcbssc.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 19:14
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: MF (z) waxing/waning in Columbia SC

I am curious about the mainframes (z/9 z/10 z/196) local waxing/waning here in
Columbia SC. BlueCross  and BlueShield of SC is one of the larger z/196  non
federal
government shops in the US (somewhere in top 10%). Then there is CSC at
Blythewood,
AFAIK. And there is the IT-oLogy consortium (Google it), but its focus seems
much
broader than MF or SC. The SC state Budget and Control shop still has a z/10 or
above,
again AFAIK, as I suppose does SCANA but I was told that the University of SC
was
moving away from MF toward other technologies. This in itself is a real
disappointment,
since if all the above are still going strong there should be future local
opportunities.

Anyone here in  Columbia SC or nearby on a z box, moving toward or away?

Another OLD (70) geezer hanging on till they pry.....

David Speake