Assuming the listener is a started task, you can try the following:

1) As you say, set the _BPXK_SETIBMOPT_TRANSPORT variable. If the listener is a
z/OS UNIX C/C++ program, you can set this in the EXEC PARM field:

   //LISTEN EXEC PGM=your_listener,
   // PARM=('ENVAR("_BPXK_SETIBMOPT_TRANSPORT=desired_stack_name")',
   // '/listen_parms')

2) Stick a BPXTCAFF step ahead of the step that calls your listener

   //TRANSAFF EXEC PGM=BPXTCAFF,PARM=desired_stack_name
   //LISTEN EXEC PGM=your_listener

See manuals:
SC31-8775 Communications Server - IP Configuration Guide, Chapter 2 IP
Configuration Overview, Section Considerations for Multiple Instances of TCP/IP
GA22-7800 UNIX System Services Planning, Chapter 19, Section Requesting
Transport Affinity

I think the IBMTCP-L list server is the one this should have gone to? I believe
that's active.

"Join the IBMTCP_-L mailing list by by sending an email with "sub IBMTCP-L your
name" in the body to lists...@vm.marist.edu"

I'm not on that list, I got the above from Dave's Planet MVS site.

Ant.