That sounds like GTFPARS.

It used to read a GTF trace and generate IEHLIST for the volumes it found. It
used to generate a kewl seek histogram, and a dataset seek activity report you
could use to tune the location of your busiest datasets.

I used to tune SYSRES dataset positions using this, but the first 3880-23
invalidated the report as it was showing datasets with the highest cache hit
rates also had the highest seek counts - considered it broken once we started
buying all 3990-3.

Ron