On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> > SLR R0,R0
> > IC R1,0(,R1)
> > CHI R1,=H'13'
> > BNE ...
>
> Ignoring that this is lousy code (unless, perhaps, the value is looked at
> again, in which case having it in a reg could be advantageous), I hope
> that this was a slightly incomplete snippet, or a typo; R1 needs to be
> zeroed for the IC/CHI, not R0.
>
> Peter Relson

It was a typo on my part. The IC and CHI were for R0, not R1. I am guessing
that the compiler has a "template" for this which can also be used with
wchar characters and so generates something that will work with them too
(in general, just replacing the IC with a ICM for a wchar?). As I think I
said in the original post, I failed compiler class in college.

 --
Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown