John McKown wrote:

>Our 3494-B10 is messed up. It is shared between two LPARs in a basic sysplex
>with the drives being autoswitchable. The same problem occurred last night,
>but just "went away" after a couple of hours. We did get the CE on site at
>that time, and have called again. But he was puzzled too.

Puzzled? Come on. That is the first time I see a CE is puzzled. ;-)

>The messages we are getting are:
>*IOS002A 0609,NO PATHS AVAILABLE
> IOS2002I 0609 NO PATHS AVAILABLE 850
> STATUS FOR PATH(S) 03
>   CHANNEL LINK LEVEL FACILITY IN OFFLINE RECEPTION STATE (60)
> IEF880I 0609 NOW OFFLINE BY OAM

From one or both LPARs?

>The CE replaced an HBA (SCSI adapter) in the 3494 yesterday.

At first or second trip? If at first trip [ when the problem appeared the first
time ], then the CE messed something bad up. As others said, check D M=DEV etc,
LOGREC and your cables. I would also [arrange to] check the HBA and the box
where the HBA is residing.

I'm not sure of the cable layout, but check that the cables are plugged
properly, ie locked in at the correct orientation.

Oh, check your static electrics! Many puzzling hardware errors are coming from
that.

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht