Hi, List,

In our DEV environment, currently using Enterprise COBOL v4.2, we specify
TEST=(NOHOOK,SEPARATE,EJPD), and the compiler inserts
DEBUGINF=<sysdebug.lib.name> into a non-executable area of the load module.
IOW, it's just a pointer to a separate dataset containing the information
needed by IBM Debug Tool, etc. for interactive debugging.

With the change in Enterprise COBOL v5.1 to produce "program objects" instead
of "load modules", including the DWARF debug information and (optionally)
source statements in non-loadable "segments" of the "program object", we are
curious how others handle the source statements:  Include them in the program
object (via compiler option TEST=(EJPD,SOURCE)), or maintain them in a separate
dataset (via compiler option TEST=(EJPD,NOSOURCE), requiring post-processing of
the compiler listing with EQALANGX to produce the source statement
information)?  If the latter, how is the program object "connected to" its
corresponding "source listing"?

TIA,

   -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.