As Allan mentions there is a APAR on this subject.   It is marked
RESTART/BOOT/IPL/FUNCTIONLOSS.   We have not experienced the problem, but the
Issue #2 listed in it sounds pretty bad if you are in a Shared Filesystem
sysplex environment.   If only one system in your plex has the bad PTF
installed, it could show itself during an IPL of a different system in the plex
without the PTF installed.

Allan Staller said:

Other recipients:
There is a currently open APR on ZFS secondary allocation. See OA44214. I have
always had success w/ zfsadm agggrow -size (final desired size). Check the fine
manual for syntax. I am sure the above is incorrect. <snip>
There is a currently open APR on ZFS secondary allocation. See OA44214.

I have always had success w/ zfsadm agggrow -size (final desired size).
Check the fine manual for syntax. I am sure the above is incorrect.
<snip>
Listcat the zFS. It is the secondary allocation by default, I do believe.
You can override this by hand with the zfsadm grow command but if it is done as
a result of the AGGRGROW parm on the mount it is the secondary allocation of
the linear VSAM cluster, IIRC.
</snip>

<snip>>
I've developed a zFS aggregate & am loading it up with a fairly large amount of
data.
I keep on seeing console messages sequences like:

IOEZ00078E zFS aggregate <cluster name> exceeds 99% full (1282681/1285920)
(WARNING)
IOEZ00312I Dynamic growth of aggregate <cluster name> in progress, (by user
xxxx).
IOEZ00309I Aggregate <cluster name> successfully dynamically grown (by user
xxxx).
IOEZ00078E zFS aggregate <cluster name> exceeds 99% full (1285920/1289160)
(WARNING)

My question is with regard to the amount that the aggregate has grown by.
The difference between the '1285920' and '1289160' is 3240 - presumably that is
# 8k-byte blocks, but available documentation appears to be woefully inadequate.
Who defines that '3420'? I certainly didn't specify it when creating the
cluster, nor with any parm value when formatting it with IOEAGFMT. When I look
at either IOEFSPRM or IOEPRMxx, all I see is a bunch of comment lines.
</snip>

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu<javascript:> with the message: INFO
IBM-MAIN

Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Engineering
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this
e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender
that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer
system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.