On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:54:24 -0700, Donald J. <dona...@4email.net> wrote:

>I am currently using openssl to create certificates for use with CICS
>Web Services that work fine.  I haven't read anywhere that
>CICS Web Services supports authentication using HostIDMapping.   I
>associate the certificate with a userid using command:
>RACDCERT ID(USERID1) ADD('USERID1.CERT1.PEM') WITHLABEL('USERID1test')
>ICSF(*) TRUST
>If I try to use a certificate with a HostIDMapping extension and no
>certificate associated with the userid I get error message:
>"CWXN A client certificate that maps to a valid userid is required."

But did you complete the other setup steps to enable the use of HostIDMapping?
See, for example, item 2 at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ichzd1c0/2.12.4?SHELF=all13be9.bks&DT=20110608113637
 or http://preview.tinyurl.com/n63tfyf for details on the required SERVAUTH
authority that CICS would need to make use of a HostIDMapping extension.

(HostIDMapping, just like basic usage of Certificate Name Filtering, should be
transparent to the application once all setup steps are completed.)

--
Walt