Thanks John tsocmd did not work either.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: 20 March 2014 14:05
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Java -Xdump:tool option on z/OS

Steve,

I did a fast check by trying to do a TSO SUBMIT command from a UNIX shell.
Which is effectively what Java is doing. It fails with the message:

IKJ79204I You attempted to run an unsupported function in a dynamic TSO
Environment.

However, I can do a submit using the "tsocmd" command instead of the "tso"
command.  So I'd try using:

-Xdump:tool:events=vmstart,exec="tsocmd submit 'sa.jcl(apfauth)'"

instead. I don't _know_ for certain that this will work. But it can't hurt to
try.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Steve Austin <steve.aus...@macro4.com>wrote:

> I'm attempting to use this option to issue a command at JVM start;
>
> -Xdump:tool:events=vmstart,exec="tso submit 'sa.jcl(apfauth)'"
>
> I can see the BPXAS address space being started on my behalf;
>
> JOB07776 00000090  BPXM023I (SA) 786
>      786 00000090  JVMDUMP039I Processing dump event "vmstart", detail ""
> at 2014/03/20
>      786 00000090  13:06:26 - please wait.
>      786 00000090
> STC07777 00080281  £HASP100 BPXAS    ON STCINRDR
> STC07777 00080290  £HASP373 BPXAS    STARTED
> STC07777 00000090  IEF403I BPXAS - STARTED - TIME=13.06.26
> STC07777 00000290  BPXP024I BPXAS INITIATOR STARTED ON BEHALF OF JOB
> SAJNIJVM RUNNING IN ASID 001A
>
> STDERR contains;
>
> JVMDUMP039I Processing dump event "vmstart", detail "" at 2014/03/20
> 13:06:26 - please wait.
> JVMDUMP007I JVM Requesting Tool dump using '"tso submit 'sa.jcl(apfauth)'"'
> JVMDUMP011I Tool dump created process 65649 JVMDUMP013I Processed dump
> event "vmstart", detail "".
>

> However the job in question is not submitted and the BPXAS address
> space remains wonderfully inscrutable . Has anyone done this
> successfully, or have any idea how to get diagnostics on why the command is
> failing?
>
> Thanks
>

> This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Postini / Google
> Message Security and the UNICOM Global security systems. This message
> is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in
> error, please delete it and notify the sender.

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown