Thanks to everyone responded.

The question was posted on behalf of our AS400 team so I don't know the
specifics and will follow up as soon as I get them.

[Although RPG has been mentioned as one of the development languages]

Thanks again!
-Victor-

>We may need to enable batch jobs running on AS400 to SYNCHRONOUSLY
>access data residing on the mainframe [say, on DB2 or on a VSAM
>file].

We might need a bit more information here. What is the runtime for these
batch jobs? (There's more than one choice on IBM i.) Are these RPG
programs? COBOL? Java, e.g. WebSphere Application Server batch programs on
IBM i? Are these in house batch programs that you wrote, with source code
that you maintain? Or vendor-supplied programs that access data a certain
way (e.g. DB2 for IBM i)? Or some of each?

If you could elaborate just a bit on what "batch jobs" means here, that'd
be great. The answer(s) depend in part of what sort of batch jobs are
involved.

Timothy Sipples
VCT Architect Executive (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com