W2K server is dead and gone.  Mainstream support for W2K3 is over and extended
support ends 7/14/2015.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of David Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DS6800 disk - was support is ending for Windows XP - Microsoft
Windows

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 20:48 +0000, Pommier, Rex wrote:
> And from what I've been able to find, IBM doesn't officially support
> the DS Storage Manager for the DS6800s on anything more current than
> XP.

According to the Architecture and Implementation Redbook:
        http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246781.pdf
it also supports Server 2003 Enterprise/Standard, W2K Server SP4 and W2K
Pro SP4.

Don't know which of those are still in support.  I'm running mine on
Server 2003 Enterprise.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda & Sons, Inc.

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.