From: Mohammad Khan <mkkha...@hotmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 4:11 pm
Subject: Using DB2 and MQ under JZOS

I have a batch program that runs under JZOS ( on z/OS 1.13 ) which connects to
DB2 using jdbc type 2 connection and connects to a local MQ queue in binding
mode. It updates DB2 data as well as writes to MQ. It seemed to work ok until
it
encountered an error writing to MQ and abended. More important was the fact
that
DB2 updates still got committed. Apparently the updates to the two resources
are
being managed in isolation rather than being coordinated in a global
transaction. I guess I haven't figured out how to properly code for this
scenario. I haven't found any guidance or sample code in MQ, DB2 or JZOS
documents or have failed locate it. Any help, sample code or links to relevant
documents will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Mohammad