When I first started, my peers and I were required to put in an hour of
study/training time every day. We also had to keep a log of what we
studied/learned.  Deep and wide skill sets are developed that way.

Now it has changed drastically. They are willing to hire a contractor for more
money, hope that the contractor will train the in-house people, and they are
being paid 2x+ what the in-house folks get. And of course the contractor best
not slip a date or a deliverable. Can be rough all around.

Thanks,

Linda

Sent from my iPhone