Create a new DSN. Assign that new DSN to have a DATACLAS which is not
compressed. Use a utility such as IDCAMS REPRO, IEBGENER, or DFSORT to copy
the data from the old DSN to the new DSN. Back up the new DSN.

//COPY EXEC PGM=ICEGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1 DD DISP=SHR,DSN=compressed.dsn
//SYSUT2 DD DSN=new.uncompressed.dsn,
// DISP=(NEW,CATLG),DCB=compressed.dsn,
// SPACE=(...),UNIT=sysda,
// DATACLAS=dcnocomp

Where the data in lower case in the JCL is what you need to specify
yourself. I used ICEGENER which is DFSORT's high speed copy program. Of
course, this assumes you have the proper authority to create a DSN with a
given DATACLAS. For example, Production Control can do this (override the
DATACLAS), but our programmers cannot.

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Victor Zhang <victor_wor...@aliyun.com>wrote:

> What I am facing a problem is :
> When I tried to backup compressed dataset that have compression set to be
> on in its data class, the backup speed will slow down dramatically.
> For example, when I backup z/os 1.13 sysres volume, I got speed of about
> 40MB/s, however, when backup data that have its data class with compression
> set to be on, the speed dropped to 20MB/s, the backup program is ADRDSSU.
>
> In RMM, I can see the tape block size is 262144 bytes, however from DAT, I
> can't see 262144, which is very strange.That's the reason I am asking this
> question again.
>
> I am trying to copy the compressed data to be an uncompressed one,
> however, I failed to do that, can anyone give me suggstion on how to
> uncompress a dataset and copy it to a new loacation, so that I can backup
> the uncompressed data?
>
> Regards
> Victorh

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown