I'm not *opposed* to the idea, but you might want to suggest why this is
somehow better than IBM-MAIN (plus archives). One view says "This would
fragment the community", which would NOT be a good thing.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Christopher Hodgins <
chris.hodg...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A few of my IBM colleagues and myself are attempting to create a new
> community for System z on StackExchange, covering everything System z
> related. If you haven't seen StackExchange before, it is an excellent and
> easy to find place to ask questions, share answers or even just vote on
> questions you would like to see answered. This isn't an attempt to replace
> or displace existing communities but to encourage even more knowledge on
> System z to be shared and discussed.
>
> To request a new community you first create a proposal community and
> encourage StackExchange users to submit and/or up-vote questions. This is
> to prove that the community would be viable, sustainable and useful. If
> you would like to help us support this new community, we would very much
> appreciate it if you could create a StackExchange account, up-vote the
> existing questions and propose some new questions.
>
> Community proposal:
> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/67330/system-z
>
> Many thanks
> Chris

> Chris Hodgins
> IBM Software Engineer - CICS Transaction Server for z/OS
> The CICS blog:
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/ChrisHodgins
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"