From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Scott Barry
Sent: Thursday, 15 May 2014 12:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IFASMFR

On Wed, 14 May 2014 10:09:08 -0400, Dno <snipers5...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone know why you cannot map 100, 101, 102 or 110 records with this
>macro? I'd like to be able to collect a subset of the DB2 and CICS records,
>possibly by subsystem or region, or even down to a thread or transaction
>because of volume. We are not using log streams yet.
>Thanks
>Dean

Some of the challenge with these data sources are variability and complexity
(to start), as follows:

1) CICS CMF 110/1 has 'tailorable' transaction data (MCT-directed by
site/region/version) that is mapped by corresponding DICTIONARY data.
2) DB2 101 (with certain ACCOUNTING TRACE type activation) has the potential to
generate a continuation-like record if more than 10 packages occur - that must
be mapped back to the primary record since not all fields are present in both.
3) DB2 102 data (at the IFCID level) is comprehensive and larger number of
metrics than a bread-basket.
4) Additionally, such as MQ 116/1-2, similar condition to #2 above with
continuation-like record generation, based on unique-queue activity.

In summary, these are just too comprehensive data sources for simple-mapping,
likely without post-processing once the data-records are decoded to map all
'related records' to one transaction instance/event.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.