Dear Lizette,

of course you're right, if your system hasn't enought central storage system
starts to page out and more auxiliary storage is requested. But AFAIK as soon
as there is less workload on the system, for example at weekends on our systems
the paging rate decreases and so the auxiliary storage usage should although
decrease, but in our case it doesn't.

Doing an IPL will bring the numbers to zero, but we have had IPLs and the same
situation re- occurs after a while. Doing IPLs more often isn't an option
because the systems we talking about are productive system, which are IPLed
only a few times a year.

Yes, if we don't find a solution we will open a PMR with IBM and we'll see what
they can do for us.

Regards
Juergen