Hi:

" I can't say for sure, but my guess is there's something
'not-quite-right' in the enqueueing logic that is supposed to be protecting the
 dataset
from being updated by CICS and batch simultaneously."

ATTRIBUTES
KEYLEN----------------30   AVGLRECL------------2965
BUFSPACE-----------41984     CISIZE-------------20480
EXCPEXIT----------(NULL)     CI/CA-----------------37
SHROPTNS(3,3)      SPEED   UNIQUE           NOERASE   INDEXED
NOWRITECHK      UNORDERED          REUSE
NONSPANNED

You defined the file with SHROPT(3 3). You are assuming the protection not
CICS or MVS.

Regards,
Gene

In a message dated 5/20/2014 5:21:17 P.M. SA Western Standard Time,