Here is how the user bypassed the standard CATALOG search :

DEFINE CLUSTER -
   ( NAME(MRP01.FOCUS.APPLIC.I0001.A001) -
        LINEAR     -
        REUSE -
         CYLINDERS(100 200) -
        SHAREOPTIONS(3 3) ) -
   DATA -
   ( NAME(MRP01.FOCUS.APPLIC.I0001.A001) -
                      ) -
  CATALOG(T10D)

By specificying the parm CATALOG(T10D) the CLUSTER was created in the CATALOG
where the ALIAS T10D resides in.

This floored me because I have never seen this parm with the ALIAS specified in
the define cluster.