First off, thank you to W. Kevin Kelley for your response dated Thursday,
June 12, 2014.  I am guessing that based on your response,

It is up to automation to inspect the Message Flood Indicator(s) in the WQE.
I am curious exactly what indicates a message is to be suppressed.

There is the WQESUPB byte,  the WMJMSUPB byte, the WMN1SUPB byte, the
WMN2SUPB byte ?  For non-specific messages in our MPFLIST,

.NO_ENTRY AUTO(NO),RETAIN(NO),SUP(YES)

The purpose of these questions is to build a case where we can make an
informed inquiry to our Automation Vendor.

Recap of original discussion:

Environment: ZOS 2.1 with JES3; OPS/MVS automation

Question:  Is there a way to prevent messages being placed on the SSI after

Message Flood Automation has determined the message is not to be queued to a

console and or SYSLOG.  As it stands right now, our automation product,

OPS/MVS still sees the messages even though MFA has suppressed the display

of messages to SYSLOG and consoles.  We have interrogated the flag settings

in IEAVMXIT to check if the messages have been processed by MFA and have

turned on the request delete flags, but, to no avail.

Response: