From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Norgauer
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Need help for two LPARS sharing DASD

My production LPAR and Test LPAR have access to almost 600 volumes.

My test LPAR only uses and needs about 24 volumes.

Any ideas how, at IPL time for the test LPAR, I can  use commands to
restrict the LPAR to only these 24 volumes.

For sure, I could issue vary off and vary on commands for only those
volumes needed or not needed by the test LPAR,
but the UCB's  are so numerous that there would be dozens of commands. I
am just trying to have a smaller list of commands
in my COMMNDXX member

Any other simpler way to accomplish this task?

Thanks.

John Norgauer
Senior Systems Programmer
Mainframe Technical Support Services
University of California Davis Medical Center
1651 Alhambra Blvd
Suite 200
Sacramento, Ca 95816
916-734-0536

 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING......  Guilty, until proven innocent !! "    JN  2004
"Hardware eventually breaks - Software eventually works"      anon