My apologies for not responding earlier, but I wanted to try the AMS REPRO
first. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for this until now.

First, regarding. more detail in my original post. I can understand, and
usually post all information I think might help. This time, I probably should
have just asked if there is an option to convert from non-EF to EF format
during a DSS RESTORE. I promise to try to do better next time ;-)

I allocated a new zFS cluster making sure it is in extended format, then I ran
an AMS REPRO (none of the zFSs was mounted). Next, I mounted both file systems
and comapred the outcome of a "ls -alER", as well as some randomly chosen
files. This all compares equal, so I'm pretty sure the copy worked well.

The AMS copy of the 4GiB data set ran for only 6 minutes. A COPYTREE done
previously ran for some 45 minutes.
--
Peter Hunkeler