From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Barbara Nitz
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: JES3 job ids

>On all the JES3 systems that I have seen (since OS/390 V2R5) all jobids have
>always looked like JOBxxxxx for jobs, STCs and TSUs.
>The entries S0xxxxxx and J0xxxxxx in the presentation may originate from STCs
>and TSUs that were running under a secondary JES2 on the same system.
>But Ed Jaffe will probably let us know if he has a different explanation.

So that probably means that it can be configured somewhere if JES3 jobids can
start with JOB, STC and TSU or not, since we now have one JES3 installation
that has jobids starting TSU and at least one where all jobids start with JOB.

So yes, I am also waiting for Ed to chime in. I have never worked on a JES3
system, either.

Thanks, Barbara